Web Editor cover letter example is provided free and it’s fully editable for job seekers. Download this sample and get started with your job application.
As a web editor, you would research, write and check the images, text and other media published on your employer’s website. For example, you might maintain a college website, local authority public information pages or a news organisation’s multimedia service.
Related: Web Editor CV Example
Your duties could include:
- researching, writing and presenting text in ways that appeal to the site’s target audience
- putting (uploading) material onto the website, often using a content management system (CMS)
- making sure site content is kept up to date
- monitoring and posting replies to online message boards and dealing with email enquiries
- editing and proofreading text produced by colleagues or freelancers
- developing new content and editorial guidelines
- attending content planning and commissioning meetings with other departments or clients
- keeping track of developments in web technology and good practice, for example, website accessibility issues
- making sure web pages are picked up by search engines (search engine optimisation)
- reporting on website traffic statistics
- training new staff on how to produce and edit content.
Depending on the size of your employer, you may work alone or in a team with web developers, designers, and marketing and public relations staff.
Download! it’s free and editable.