Web Developer cover letter example is free and fully editable for job seekers. Download the file below and start amending it as suitable.
Web developers design, build and maintain new websites and upgrade existing ones in line with their clients’ needs.
As a web developer, you could work for a variety of businesses and public sector organisations. Examples of the projects you might work on include:
Related: Web Developer CV Example
- creating a secure online shopping website
- developing a virtual learning environment (VLE) for a college
- setting up company intranets for staff use.
On a typical project, you would:
- work with the client, using test sites to see which ideas best suit their needs
- build the framework – or ‘architecture’ – of the site and add the command buttons, payment systems and video, sound or animation
- make sure that the new site can be smoothly integrated into the client’s existing network, for instance linking with a customer database
- work on the site’s appearance, often with a web designer
- put in measures to deal with user access and security
- test the site under construction to find and fix any problems – or ‘bugs’ – before it goes ‘live’.
Download! it’s free and editable.