Web Content Manager cover letter example is provided for free and it’s fully editable. Download the4 sample below and apply for the latest Web Content Manager job.
A web content manager is responsible for the information that appears on a company’s website. They work closely with project teams, editors, developers and designers to coordinate the site content and make sure it caters to the needs of the target audience.
Related: Web Content Manager CV Example
As a web content manager, you could work on sites that are open to the public on the world wide web, or sites for staff use only on a company’s intranet.
Your duties could include:
- taking a lead role in the maintenance and development of the site
- meeting with editing, marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and appearance
- using web content management systems to analyse website usage statistics
- writing reports for senior managers, clients and partner organisations
- setting permissions for site users
- promoting information about the website to target customers and partners
- carrying out quality assurance checks on content
- reporting technical problems to IT support staff
- dealing with legal issues, such as copyright and data protection.
The type of content you might work on could vary widely but some examples include:
- e-commerce, such as online shopping or banking
- product advertising and retail catalogues
- local, national and international news reports
- details about college and university departments
- online public information and government services.
In larger companies, you may manage an editorial team that research and produce material – text, images and multimedia – for publication on the website. In smaller organisations, you might have a more ‘hands on’ role in content production and writing.
Download! it’s free and editable.
Web Content Manager Cover Letter Example