Apply for Technical Support Engineer job in Wantage, Oxfordshire in IT.
Job Description: My client is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer.
Acting as an onsite extension to the Service Desk, you will provide support on a range of technical incidents, requests, problems as well as occasional projects. You will communicate with the customer and manage technical queries in line with SLAs.
You will become a subject matter expert for your customer, helping to develop the IT services within your customer as well as creating knowledge base articles and feeding back into the Service Desk to improve first contact resolution rates.
Key technical skills and knowledge:
* Microsoft technologies including Windows 10, Office 365, Active Directory and SCCM.
* Able to address break/fix issues including laptops and workstations.
* Good knowledge of networking, including WAN and LAN connectivity, switching, DNS etc.
* Familiarity with some or all of the following products: RingCentral VoIP, Meraki WiFi, Cisco networking.
* Must be open minded and adaptable.
* Must be self-motivated.
* Must be able to work unsupervised, on own initiative.
* Ability to share and document information.
* Be confident in both spoken and written communications.
* An excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills.
* Someone who likes to keep up to date with the latest technology.
* Ability to priorize and work under pressure
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time