Technical Architect resignation letter example is provided for free and it’s completely editable. You can download it onto your computer and email or post it to your employer.
Training and Development
In a fast-moving field like IT, it is important that you keep your technical skills and knowledge up to date throughout your career. You could do this by taking professional development courses through professional bodies like the British Computer Society and e-skills UK.
Related: Technical Architect CV Example
You could also gain recognition of your skills through industry certifications, including:
- ISEB Certificate in IT Architecture
- Microsoft Certified Architect (MCAP)
- Open Group IT Architect Certification
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA)
- IBM Service Orientated Architecture Solution Designer.
See the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) website for more information about professional development options. This site has been developed by professional bodies and employers and allows you to identify career skills and development pathways.
Your normal working week would be around 37 to 40 hours. Overtime at evenings and weekends may be required to meet deadlines.
You would be mainly office-based, but you may have to travel to meet clients, depending on the contract, and overnight stays away from home may sometimes be necessary.
- Salaries can be between £33,000 and £52,000 a year.
- Senior technical architects can earn between £57,000 and £84,000.
Figures are intended as a guideline only.