Technical Architect cover letter example is free and fully editable for jobseekers. Download the sample and get started with your application.
Technical architects (also called IT systems architects) act as the link between a company’s managers and the designers and developers who build their IT systems.
As a technical architect, you could work on projects ranging from planning the structure of a patient records database for the NHS to the redesign of a building society’s online banking system. Your key responsibilities would be to make sure that each part of the overall IT system:
Related: Technical Architect CV Example
- works together with the other parts as planned
- satisfies the requirements of the organisation
- meets the needs of the people who are going to use it.
Your main duties on a project would include:
- identifying the organisation’s needs
- breaking large system requirements down into manageable parts
- researching ‘off-the-shelf’ products to decide whether they would be more suitable than building a new system from scratch
- agreeing plans for the system’s structure with the client
- explaining the structure to the designers and developers, and helping them to build it
- developing and carrying out acceptance testing procedures to make sure systems are working properly
- making sure that systems meet quality standards and procedures
- advising senior IT managers about how to plan their future IT needs.
You might specialise in a particular part of a system’s framework (such as security), or you could be responsible for the entire structure, supervising a project team made up of architects, system analysts and developers.
Download! it’s free and editable.
Technical Architect Cover Letter Example