The teaching assistant cover letter example is free and fully editable. Download our sample below and get started with your job application.
As a teaching assistant, you would support teachers with their everyday work in the classroom, so that they can concentrate on teaching. You could have another job title such as classroom assistant or learning support assistant.
Related: Teaching Assistant CV Example
Your exact duties would vary depending on the school and the age of the children, but would typically include:
- getting the classroom ready for lessons
- listening to children read, reading to them, or telling them stories
- helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
- supervising group activities
- looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
- encouraging younger children to learn through play
- helping with outings and sports events
- carrying out routine administrative tasks.
You would also support children with particular individual needs, working one-to-one or in small groups. With experience, you could lead some classes.
In some schools, you could have a specialism, such as literacy, numeracy, Special Educational Needs or music. Bilingual teaching assistants are often employed in schools with a lot of children whose first language is not English.
Download! it’s free and editable.