The Kitchen Porter job interview questions and answers provided by jobsnortheast.co.uk for anyone who is going to take an interview.
Training and development
You will usually receive on-the-job training and you may also be encouraged to take a course in food hygiene or food safety in catering.
With further experience and on-the-job training, you could work towards becoming a chef. As a trainee chef, you could take Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food Production and Cooking, or Professional Cookery. Check the kitchen assistant or chef job profiles for details.
Skills, interests and qualities
To be a kitchen porter you should have:
- good physical health, for unloading deliveries
- the ability to work in a team and use your initiative
- good communication skills
- the ability to remain calm under pressure
- awareness of hygiene and safety regulations
- the ability to follow instructions.