Chef CV Example is free and fully editable. You can download this sample CV to your computer and get started with your application.
Once working, you would receive induction training and work under the supervision of experienced staff. Your employer may encourage you to take further qualifications, such as:
- Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety in Catering
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Professional Cookery
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Patisserie and Confectionery
- Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership.
Some of these qualifications allow you the option to specialise in particular types of regional cookery, for example, Chinese, Indian and Thai.
There are also many private training academies offering a range of specialist professional development courses and qualifications, such as the Level 4 Diploma in Professional Culinary Arts.
With experience, you could take further qualifications related to the business side of operations, such as a foundation degree or degree in hospitality management. You can find courses like these on the UCAS website.