The accounting Technician cover letter example is free and fully editable. You can download this sample to your PC and get started with your application.
About the job
As an accounting technician, it would be your job to keep accurate financial accounts for all types of business.
In larger companies, you would usually work as part of an accounts team. In a small business, you may be the only person trained to deal with financial matters like wages and invoices. In either case, your typical duties would include:
- processing and paying invoices
- recording receipts and payments
- preparing and checking ledger balances and other monthly and yearly accounts
- completing and submitting tax returns
- monitoring company expenses
- using computerised accounting systems.
With experience, you might take on supervisory responsibilities and more complex tasks, such as:
- drafting financial reports
- planning and budget control
- helping qualified accountants with audits.
Related: Accounting Technician CV Example
In a full-time job, you would typically work standard office hours, Monday to Friday. Part-time hours and temporary work are often available.
You would mainly be office-based. If you help accountants with audits, you may travel to visit clients’ businesses.
- Starting salaries at the foundation and intermediate levels can be around £14,000 to £18,000 a year.
- Once qualified to technician level, salaries can be up to £25,000.
Figures are intended as a guideline only.
Download! it’s free and editable.